I am a yinster from The Netherlands and share the knowledge of my teacher Jo Phee as a senior assistant at home and abroad. Yin is a way to nurture myself. It helps me to slow down, to keep that fine balance between daily, mostly yang, demands and acknowledging & following my own flow in life. In my teachings, my priority is to hold a space for students to unwind into stillness so they may learn more about their body & inner landscape, listen & feel. As a trainer, I’m calm and inviting yet keep things light with a touch of dry humor.
“The most powerful warriors are patience & time” Leo Tolstoy
I completed my first Yinspiration Training with Jo Phee in 2014 and had the privilege to assist my teacher ever since, during the annual 200hr Teacher Training in Bali but also around the world in smaller modules. After combining teaching with a job as a social worker for years, I’m now a full time teacher and trainer, enjoying freedom to travel and spreading the yin love. Besides teaching, I like to be a student, to deepen my knowledge and keep it up to date. On the subject of Chinese Medicine, but also anatomy and fascia studies. I feed my curiosity by studying with the founder of the school of Yinspiration Jo Phee, but also with Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers and Bernie Clarck. I assist my teacher & mentor Jo Phee abroad regularly to keep my knowledge up to date.
The Yin Yoga Teacher trainings are very suited for those who strive to teach yin yoga, but it also deepens your own practice. You can choose the complete 100 hour training or get acquainted with yin by doing the 25 hour basic training and after that add the 25 hour Yin & Chinese Medicine training or get into working with therapy balls (25 hour Yin & Myofascial Release).
I’m a Yoga Alliance certified E-RYT 200 trainer & YACEP. When you have completed a training, this will be recognised by the Yoga Alliance. I teach both in Dutch and English.
- 50-hour Online Insight Yoga Teacher Training Primary Level with Sarah Powers, 2021
- 32-hour Yinspiration Advanced Anatomy & Fascia Study, 2020
- 50-hour Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Bernie Clark, 2020
- 65-hour Yin Yang Flow, Yoga Nidra & Shoulder Anatomy – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2019
- 65-hour Acupressure, Acuyin & Hip anatomy (II) – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2019
- 65-hour Myofascial Release, Myoyin & Spine Anatomy – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2019
- 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Unit 1, Bones, Muscles, Poses, Paul Grilley, 2019
- 65-hour Chinese Medicine, Meridian Yin and Hip Anatomy (I) – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2018
- 100-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training from The Yoga People with Jamie Clarke & Dulce Aguilar, 2014
- 200-hour Yin Yoga – Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Jo Phee and Joe Barnett, 2014
- 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Training from All Yoga Thailand with Annie Au & Vari Morales,2013
Note: the hours assisting are not added into bio and add up to 1000 hours